To utilize the collector feature, the following pre-requisites need to be met:
- The collector service needs to be installed and running on at least one host on your network
- The collector needs to be enabled
- The collector needs to be configured (optional)
- At least one action needs to be configured to use the collector
The configuration assistant will give you the option to enable the collector service (the default behavior) during the upgrade process. This will install the collector service (1) and enable the collector (2).
Once the upgrade is complete, do the following:
- Open the management console and click on the "Collector" icon to configure the collector service. Click the "Help" button for a more detailed explanation of the various collector features.
- Edit one or more actions which should be routed through the collector, and check the "Use Collector" check box
- Push the configuration to the remote host(s)