Unnecessary services increase the attack surface of a system. Some of these services may not support the required levels of authentication or encryption or may provide unauthorized access to the system.
To fix this: Uninstall the "Telnet Client" feature.
- Start "Server Manager".
- Select the server with the feature.
- Scroll down to "ROLES AND FEATURES" in the right pane.
- Select "Remove Roles and Features" from the drop-down "TASKS" list.
- Select the appropriate server on the "Server Selection" page and click "Next".
- Deselect "Telnet Client" on the "Features" page.
- Click "Next" and "Remove" as prompted.