Process Tracking monitors application / process usage on workstations and servers, which is useful for troubleshooting as well as later analysis, e.g. in high-security environments. The collected information can be queried through the web reports to obtain process tracking data, history and statistics.
Process Tracking collects the following information about processes:
- Process name, including launch folder
- Start/End date/time
- Logon ID
- PID, creator PID
- UAC level of process
Process Tracking can also capture the command-line arguments that a process was started with.
The Process Tracking web-based reports make the following information available to you:
- Which processes (applications) are being used on your network
- Which processes have been executed on your domain controllers
- Process history on a per-user or per-computer basis
- Which processes are running elevated, especially on workstations?
- Currently running applications on a per-user or per-computer basis
- How long a given process was active
- Which users or computers have been running a particular application
- plus more customizable queries and reports